Saturday, September 13, 2008


The results were very repeatable when we plotted them.
Here is the first comparison chart of the DPF and the DPF with Erasure. The Polarization setting is A, with only two linear filters with a 45° difference between them.

Next I hope to post more comparison charts and conclusions next. Also we have collected enough data to last us awhile.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008


Here is the link to the raw data.  The preliminary evaluations of the data look excellent and most importantly repeatable.  I also would like to mention being acknowledged on the MAKE blog (Click here for the Make post on my experiment).  After we send the results and equipment back to SENSL I'd like to go back to the Horizontal Dual Polarized Filter (see pages 18-20 of my presentation).  Also, the results of this last experiment should keep us busy for a while.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Final Readings

Yesterday we took the final readings. The dark count averaged around 25 photons per second. The raw data will be posted as soon as we can. We started with 12 different setups and decided on 3 trails each, we estimated it would take us 2 hours for the 36 tests. It ended up being a 3 hour, 39 test ordeal in total darkness! I mentioned earlier about the florescent glow even after the lights were off, because of this we couldn't turn on the lights, so we used flashlights.

More coming soon
-Raw Data
-Pictures (if they turn out)
-And more

Wednesday, September 3, 2008


I'm not sick any more, but school just started. So I'm planning to do the FINAL experiment this weekend.
Check back!